I’m in a peppermint chocolate kind of holiday mood this year. Maybe you are too? I found a package of crushed peppermint at Kmart, but of course you can crush your own (maybe even in the blender). I’m not fond of candy canes so when I get one, I think of how I could put it in something else.
These would make nice gifts or desserts for any event around Christmas. Check out Bake it Pretty in Layton for containers and cooking supplies.
Here are some peppermint recipes that I want to try, but really cannot eat. Maybe one will show up on your doorstep in a few weeks!
1. Dark Chocolate Peppermint cupcakes from the Sweet Revelations blog.
2. Peppermint chocolate cookies from Cooking Classy. These use a brownie mix.
3. Peppermint popcorn from Plain Chicken – super fast with microwave popcorn (or to make it healthier just pop your own in a brown paper bag).
4. Peppermint fudge from A Spicy Perspective
5. Peppermint eggnog from Martha Stewart. No this is not a low calorie treat. But you can steal the idea of rimming the mug for hot chocolate too.
6. Peppermint whipped cream or marshmallow creme with peppermint from my friend Laura over at Real Mom Kitchen (she’s a Utah blogger). I dream of this on top of a chocolate cream pie.
7. Chocolate dipped peppermint sticks (use white, dark or milk chocolate) from Country Living Magazine. Perfect for stirring hot cocoa.
8. Peppermint dipped marshmallows – instead of sucker sticks she uses coffee stirrers – from Rose Bakes.
9. Chocolate peppermint cookies by Martha Stewart. Note: you can buy white fudge Oreos instead, wow are they delicious and you can easily make them into a neighbor gift for Christmas. Try drizzling instead of dipping if you’re not up to all the work. Another person suggests using a baby bottle top as a cookie cutter.
One reviewer called these “A grown up girl scout thin mint cookie.”
11. Chocolate dipped Oreo pops with peppermint from Lulu the Baker.
12. Oatmeal cookies dipped in chocolate and peppermint pieces by Your Home Based Mom.
BONUS #1: Peppermint Wreath from Dreamy Whites.
Bonus #2: Chocolate Peppermint Mousse from Epicurean Mom. I want to make this right now (why didn’t I for book club?).